Someone ought to have pictures up shortly as there were plenty of cameras about.
Things I have learned/realized/noticed today:
- Not many people interested in Ubuntu know what a LoCo is
- I should have brought the business cards in today, as everyone was scrambling to write down the LoCo URL
- Jorge's favorite arbitrary number is 56 (I'm probably the only one to have noticed this during his talk...)
- Convention center parking rates change dramatically depending on location. I should have checked the rates before entering the $11 garage and went to the $5 one next to it.
- Our banner, which I picked up this morning, looks awesome. Props to signscolumbus.com for a beautiful printing of a vinyl banner that should last us years, and only cost $25.
- The Chipotle near the convention center is closed on Saturdays, so I didn't go. Fatal flaw: today was Friday.
- Improvised talks seemed more engaging than planned ones -- they flowed based on the thoughts of the audience.
- I can't navigate I-270, even though I've lived pretty close all my life.
- The convention center kills cellphone reception pretty effectively.
I skipped the preparty to go home and get stuff ready for Saturday, but I got distracted by other things anyway. :P
If you're in your comfy Drury/Hyatt/whatever room right now reading this, be sure to stop by the booth tomorrow and say hi! I'll be in the brown "do it with ubuntu" shirt. Pick up a business card to remember to visit the LoCo when you return home. Seriously. We have 2000 of them. :)
I'm fairly tired, but I'm sure tomorrow will be even more exhausting (and awesome). I should probably go to sleep, considering I need to get up in 5 hours.